found via this radical church blog is this link to a god first blog which is a summary of richard foster's “celebration of discipline” - and my summary of these is:
- resist buying things due to adverts & buy things for their usefulness rather than for status;
- don't buy beyond your means & develop a habit of giving things away;
- reject anything that produces an addiction in you or will breed oppression of others;
- learn to enjoy things without owning them or needing things to enhance them;
- be accountable - therefore transparent - to somebody you trust in your financial dealings.