license

Creative Commons License
Where the stuff on this blog is something i created it is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License so there are no requirements to attribute - but if you want to mention me as the source that would be nice :¬)

Saturday 25 November 2017

6min 11sec clip - Sam's #extraordinary story: Worth being #with

 

found via a tweet from @GlosDioc.

He recorded the video below a few days after the event in order to get some of his thoughts down (and out of his head); He really just wanted to record it to help him offload/debrief from some of the really extraordinary things that had happened.  The full story is here

And as a PS to it Sam writes ...

 PS. Trauma! Obviously the scenario was pretty traumatic. It’s something I’m having counselling for, in order to be free of any PTSD. That took a huge effort of will because it would be much easier to just ‘man up’ and pretend I don’t need help myself. Personally I think the culture of ‘manning up’ is pretty toxic, so I had to put my money where my mouth was and seek counselling! Nightmare. Not easy but thoroughly recommended even if your trauma has had 50 years to fester; I reckon time is irrelevant.


No comments:

Post a Comment