Ofcom's latest annual report came out on 6/8/15 - their site has all sorts of documents, data and chart downloads from the report - here are some headlines
1) 4 in 5 households now have fixed broadband
2) 3 in 5 adults access the internet through their mobile phone.
3) Smartphone are are now the most important for connecting to the internet.
4) Smartphone users spend 114 minutes a day using the internet on their mobile phone
5) Half of 18-24 yr olds check their phones within 5 minutes of waking
6) and two-fifths check it less than five minutes before going to sleep.
7) 3 in 10 adults said they checked their phones within five minutes of waking up
8) 1 in 4 mobile phone users have donated to charity by text message.
9) Over half of households have a tablet computer
10) Almost a quarter of consumers claimed to have sent no items of mail in the
11) 220 minutes of broadcast TV are watched on a TV set per person per day (down 5%)
12) 72% of people claimed to watch short-form video (on services such as YouTube),
13) 32% say they watched either daily or at least weekly.
14) 47% of internet users use YouTube as a source when looking for information online
15) making contact with family/friends 85% email, 84% texts, 80% face2face, 75% voice call
16) more than 7 in 10 adult internet users have a social media profile
17) 93% of 16-24 yr olds have a social media profile, 28% of 65+ yr olds
18) A fifth of Facebook users claim to go on the site more than ten times a day.
19) 16-24 yr olds & social media - Twitter (40%), WhatsApp (37%), YouTube (32%), Instagram (35%), Snapchat (26%), Tumblr (8%) and Vine (4%).
20) A quarter of adults with a Twitter account use it to air complaints or frustrations.