presented by the Rt Rev'd John Pritchard, Bishop of Oxford
- a potent symbol which has inspired great works of art
- a symbol of sacrifice which touches something profound
- but which cross do you visualise?
- and are you over familiar with it?
- best seen from a distance with perspective - it is quite horrific and alien from our current experience
- the cross isn't up for private ownership - its not just an object
- it was a huge explosion some 200 years ago - and maybe we will always be collecting the debris