|photo from wikipedia|
things to watch out for:
- one-sidedness of the interactions;
- only communicating part of your world;
- authenticity of your online image and avoiding enclosing yourself in a parallel existence; (yes I know!)
- being less present to those we physically encounter;
- distraction or lack of time given to reflect on choices and how we relate;
- using the power of the web to depersonalizes people, manipulate them emotionally or monopolize the opinions of others.
being a christian in the digital world:
- communication which is honest and open, responsible and respectful of others;
- witnessing consistently in your own digital profile;
- communicating choices, preferences and judgements that are fully consistent with the Gospel;
- be aware that the truth which we long to share does not derive its worth from its popularity or from the amount of attention it receives.