the stuff that interested me was
- 1.7 million people take part in a Church of England service each month, a level that has been maintained since the turn of the millennium. Approximately one million participate each Sunday.
- More than 4 in 10 in England regard themselves as belonging to the Church of England, while 6 in 10 consider themselves Christian.
- Latest available statistics indicate one in four primary schools and one in 16secondary schools in England are Church of England schools. Approaching one million pupils are educated in more than 4,700 Church of England schools.
- More people do unpaid work for church organisations than any other organisation. Eight per cent of adults undertake voluntary work for church organisations while sixteen per cent of adults belong to religious or church organisations.
- Church of England congregations give more than £51.7 million each year to other charities - that's even more than the BBC's annual Children in Need appeal.