i came across this 3/5/11 post by austin ivereigh on the vaticans' blogger meeting - via a retweet by the churchmouse of a tweet by austeni
my summary of the post using (mostly) his words is below.
- the catholic (indeed i'd suggest most christian denomination's) blogosphere can be a little self-obsessed and sectarian;
- the freedom of the medium, according to the the anchoress "is both a gift and a terrible temptation to our egos, a force for disorientation and therefore a true battleground for souls."
- according to Vatican spokesman fr federico lombardi SJ t the ego was "a significant but problematic element in the life of bloggers". he then suggests using the notion of service as a way of acting against it.
the post had 2 conclusions
1) recognition of the blogosphere's growing importance to the church;
2) a need for a sense of responsibility that goes along with power.
(picture by Bindalfrodo)